Quality Assurance Policy
Quality Assurance Process is important in any organization. In IT solutions firm, it just becomes more important due to the severity of the task at hand. Software development is not a field, where errors are an important part of the progress. As the golden saying goes, programming is all about debugging and error removal. To make sure that the end product is free from all type of errors, we have a rigorous testing process that takes care of the unhidden errors during the development process. These techniques are used to identify and eliminate errors without delaying the main project.
At 73Lines, we understand the importance of testing and have a team of highly skilled professional testers who just love bug squashing. With advanced testing methods at their side, we deliver our work through a well-structured workflow. This ensures that testing is done properly and there is a feedback loop for a better end result. Our testers are more focused on creating value for the client and that's why they are very rigorous in their testing process.
73Lines needs no introduction, but if you are new to our website, 73Lines is an IT business solution company that offers both onshore and offshore development for business around the world. The idea is to keep bringing innovative and creative products in the market and help clients to enter the competitive market
How does testing work at 73Lines?
Testing is a process and cannot be done without a plan or structured execution. At 73Lines, we follow a certain process and adhere to it. Let's get a glimpse of what we do inside the house.
- Preparation: The first major step is preparation. We consult with our development team and prepare the necessary test plan for the drill. All the test plan are created according to the SRS and eventually we develop all possible test scenarios.
- Test Execution: With the plan settled, we move towards real testing. The tests are executed in a controlled environment and various software testing methodologies are used to ensure a better quality of testing(catching more bugs).
- Reporting Bugs: The next step is to enter bug reports in the online system for tracking and resolving purposes. The bug fixes are reported to the development team and the changes are made accordingly.
- Fixing Bugs: For us, this last step is our salvation. The detection of bugs is important, but fixing them and making sure that no new bugs enter the system is what makes us unique.
We do the testing process several times during development to make sure that error propagation is minimal and doesn't require us to change a hefty amount of code to make improvements.
73Lines specializes in more than one testing method, we discuss them below:
User Interface test
Code testing is important, but the system is not the actual user. The actual user is residing in the open and needs to take a dig on the system for further evaluation. The ease of use, the workflow, and other small interaction needs to be checked before making the final call. Without proper user experience, the tool is useful in most of the cases and it is also a good idea to study the audience before doing the user interface test.
UI testing helps to unearth the following aspects of the end-product:
- Is the end-product according to the client's requirement?
- Is the user interface free from any bugs or workflow errors?
- Is the user experience good?
Navigation Test is done to make sure that the workflow of the users doesn't break. The navigation test is also carried out to test the compatibility of the hardware with the product. With correct navigation tests, quality is ensured and the end-product is released.
The usability test is more inclined on the end-user. End users are the real players here. Without them, the product will mean nothing. In this test, the end-product is tested in a more practical environment and we also make sure that communication is maintained for better feedback about the system.
Network tests are done to make sure the end product works in all network types including 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi. This test is important for products that utilize the network to send and receive information.